The Firefighter

The Firefighter
Successive images of The Firefighter who points to the names of the fallen. These photographs were taken between September 2012 and August 2013.

Viewing the Photographs

This blog features many photographs. These are shown on the page in a small size. They can be viewed in a larger size by clicking on them. When you do that you will get a large size photograph with a series of thumbnails below it. Clicking on any of those will bring it up in a larger size. To go back to the view of the blog, click the area outside the photograph.

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Canadian Firefighters Memorial, May 26, 2012

The most noticeable thing with the site is the green masking tape (most likely Frog Tape) on the seams between the stone facings. It's there to keep the caulking neat. Around this time there was talk of plans for a time capsule to be included on the site. That had not been planned for long. I contributed all the photographs I had taken up to that time on a USB memory stick and one of the proof memorial pins, the design of which was changed slightly. I don't know where on the site the capsule went but I have speculated on that. In one of the pictures below I'll say where I think it is.






I think the time capsule went in here behind the blocks. I could be wrong. There's one other place they might have put it.








Soil has been piled up around the base of the tree as its place isn't ready for it just yet.